W.I.T.S. Personal Training Certification: Loading Price...
Attention: Due to COVID-19 health situation, please register for $0 to hold your spot in the course. If the course can proceed as scheduled, we will contact you for payment. Payment will be due no later than 7 days prior to the course start date.
Campus Recreation is collaborating with World Instructor Training School (W.I.T.S) to offer a Personal Training Certification Program right here on campus. The course is taught over a five-week period, and covers topics such as biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, and health assessment.
The 30-hour course will be taught by our instructor/personal trainer Madel de Jesus, and consists of 15 hours of lecture and 15 hours of practical training. Lectures will take place in the SC108 Sports Center classroom, and practical training will take place at the Bosley Fitness Center. See below for a more detailed schedule.
Course Dates: 8/15 - 9/13
Lecture: Saturdays, 10:15am - 1:15pm
Practical Training: Sundays, 9am - 12pm
Exam Date: Saturday, 9/26
- 10am - 12pm: Written Exam
- 1pm - 6pm: Practical Exam
*Participants will be randomly assigned a practical exam partner and time slot, per W.I.T.S policy and NCCA accreditation.
- Textbook: Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. ISBN-13: 9781492523376
- Participants must pass both a written and practical skills exam at the end of the program
- Adult CPR/AED is required for the certification to be issued
- Course requirements must be completed with 12 months of the originial course start date
- The 2-year renewal period is based on the original course completion date
W.I.T.S. Personal Trainer Certification - Summer 2020
No Spots Available
Schedule not set for W.I.T.S. Personal Trainer Certification - Summer 2020